Monday, July 25, 2011

Infidelity and [Insert Name Here]

Kids aren't the only ones who say the darnedest things. Sometimes brides and grooms do too, and sometimes brides and grooms say things that they wish they hadn't said.


While placing the ring on the bride's finger & repeating "I give you this ring ... as a symbol of my love ... and fidelity" ~ the groom replaced "and fidelity" with "infidelity." Everyone attending chuckled, but I'm pretty sure I saw a flash in the eyes of the bride.


That flash was nothing compared to the one I witnessed after the [Insert Name Here] incident a few years back.


It was a beautiful day for a waterfront wedding. The Bride, The Groom and approximately 30 of their closest friends and family joined me in a very small space on the docks. Everyone could hear every word said during the ceremony ... including the moment where the groom said another woman's name where the bride's name should've been ... followed by a collective gasp for air ... and a flash in the eyes of the bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide feedback! Likes, dislikes, think it's funny? want to hear something specific? If you don't provide feedback I have no way of knowing which stories you like best and worst!!