Friday, September 20, 2013

28 day program

Never a dull moment in this office. Tired of being stood up for weddings, I called to confirm one scheduled for a Saturday (since the bride's friend booked it about 6 months ago and I hadn't heard anything since). I called the friend of the bride who "coordinated" the day/time with me - who "had to call me back because she thought the bride had called and they changed the date?"

Three hours later, the friend calls back with this nugget ... "OK, we don't think his Probation Officer is going to let him out of his 28 day program. He got locked up again and instead of coming straight home, they put him in a 28 day program. She's trying to get him released for a day so we can do this, but now she's thinking maybe <and she suggests a date within that 28 day period>? Maybe the PO will let him out that day, to get married."

Well, (a) he sounds like a catch (which I clearly kept to myself) and (b) it was this moment I chose to suggest, perhaps, they just pick a day after the 28 day program was completed ... so he didn't have to return to the program on his wedding night ... 

Another in a long line of reasons I'm still single ... "catches" like this dude are apparently all already engaged ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide feedback! Likes, dislikes, think it's funny? want to hear something specific? If you don't provide feedback I have no way of knowing which stories you like best and worst!!