Thursday, February 6, 2014

Up and at 'em ...

Him: Hi, I'm calling for a Justice of the Peace.

Me: Are you calling to set up an appointment for a civil ceremony?

Him: Yes.

Me:  What day and time are you interested in?

Him:  18 February

Me:  And what time are you interested in?

Him:  8 AM

Me: (hardly containing my laughter at the thought of being "together" enough to perform a wedding at that hour ... I am not a morning person) - I'm sorry I'm not available at that time, is there another time you're interested in?

Him: How about evening?

Me: I can do that for you at 6 PM, will you have any guests or will it just be the two of you?

Him: Oh yeah we'll have guests

Me: How many?

Him:  Oh, AT LEAST 10 or more

Me: (again, trying to keep from chuckling) I'm sorry that is a much larger group than I can accommodate here in a law office - you should probably investigate a different venue and then call around to see if a celebrant to is available and willing to go to that venue.

Him: Okay, I'll get back to you.

*seriously cracks me up when people want to bring a ton of people to my office building instead of getting a proper venue for a wedding that size - but even more funny, to me, here - this dude really believes there are 10 or more people who would be up and at 'em to attend an 8 AM wedding (remember that was his first choice on time)?


Curious:  would you want an 8 AM wedding?  would you attend an 8 AM wedding?  And, if your answer is maybe ... under what circumstances would the answer to either question be yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide feedback! Likes, dislikes, think it's funny? want to hear something specific? If you don't provide feedback I have no way of knowing which stories you like best and worst!!