Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Too Much Information ... seriously.

Sometimes I think people forget that I am NOT a priest, a minister, a rabbi, or any other type of clergy, religious, or spiritual leader to whom you must confess your sins ... or share your deepest, darkest, secrets.  I wish they would remember that too much information REALLY is a "thing" and not just an urban legend.

The most recent example:

in a flurry of information flowing from the bride-to-be to me while scheduling the appointment. 

I learned:
(1) they met online,
(2) they haven't known each other long,
(3) the families haven't met yet,
(4) she has really terrific friends who are very very excited for her,
(5) she works for a local city agency,
(6) she knows my neighbor,
(7) she loves my name,
(8) she is 53,
(9) he is 54,
(10) she has had cancerous "things" removed,
(11) they love Mexican food,
(12) the restaurant is so excited they're closing for her and providing champagne

... all charming information

... and then ... a line was crossed

... wait for it ... wait for it ... wait for it

... the next tidbit I was able to discern was
(13) she had to change her diet, to get more fiber, to make sure she doesn't get constipated.

In this instance, I would have been okay with her thinking that I was a priest, a minister, a rabbi, or any other type of clergy, religious, or spiritual leader to whom she must confess her sins ... rather than her thinking of me as her treating physician.

Too.Much.Information. 

1 comment:

  1. Fiber is very important - she was passing on wise advice!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Please provide feedback! Likes, dislikes, think it's funny? want to hear something specific? If you don't provide feedback I have no way of knowing which stories you like best and worst!!