Thursday, January 26, 2012

For as long as we both shall ...

Her:  Do you say "til death do us part" in the vows?

Me:  I can, if you want me to.

Her:  No, that's okay - I mean obviously we know it ends in death.

Me:  I usually say "as long as we both shall live."

Her:  Oh, can we change that?  I mean, you can live a long time and we all know that people fall out of love with each other.  Can we change live, to love?

Me:  Okay, so you want me to say "as long as we both shall love."

Her:  Yeah, I mean, let's be real here.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know the saying, the only guarantees in life are death and taxes! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have preferred that version too.

    ReplyDelete

Please provide feedback! Likes, dislikes, think it's funny? want to hear something specific? If you don't provide feedback I have no way of knowing which stories you like best and worst!!